Wednesday, September 10, 2014

3 days in Nafplio



 The first capital of Greece, and also "the most beautiful village in all of Greece" (according to my uncle), we really love spending time here. Two castles – one in the water and one on a mountain, gorgeous beaches with calm, blue, shallow waters, and the best souvlaki we've found, it's filled with so much charm and character.


Nope, we never managed to get the picture: as soon as Everett climbed up, Alice fell off. As soon as Alice climbed back on, Everett fell off. I gave up only after a good solid 3 minutes of trying.  




 We spent less time in the "old town" and town square than we have in the past, but we did get one evening to walk around.
Every time I'm tempted to buy hand-made leather sandals for Alice and myself. This year I resisted the urge.

Sunsets along the water are magical.

 It's tradition to take the iconic little blue (or red) train around the town.











No comments:

Post a Comment