Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mommy and the littles


Tubby is playtime. I tried to capture some of the hijinks, but it seems that both my kids
become so mesmerized by their own image they can't take their eyes off themselves.
Falling victim to the Observer Effect, unfortunately I'm prevented from
capturing the actual experience the way I want to... but you get the idea.






Everett apparently also suffers from performance anxiety, leaving me to sing solo every time I try to record our duets. I swear that he's usually singing with me, and it's not just me screeching like a buffoon. At least he does finally succumb to partial participation once we hit his favorite part. Brushing our teeth necessitates Twist and Shout, and sometimes it's the also requested bed-time song. Other favorites include Wheels on the Bus, Daisy, Daisy, Itsy-Bitsy Spider and Twinkle, Twinkle. With the last two, however, he demands that I pause in the middle to say "you're my little star" or "you're my itsy-bitsy spider" before returning to the tune, which is so cute, because without fail he replies with a whispered "yeah!" nodding his head vigorously.

No comments:

Post a Comment